A 60-year-old groundnut farmer has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife.

The Bono East Regional Police Command is holding Mr. Robert Ayambile, a 60-year-old groundnut farmer, for allegedly murdering his 55-year-old wife, Madam Yaa kaya. 

In their groundnut farm at Nkwabeng-Nanakumaa, a neighborhood of the Nkoranza South Municipality, Mr. Ayambile allegedly killed his wife with a cutlass. 

Mr. Daniel Owureadu, Chairman of the Nkoranza South Municipal Security Committee in the Bono East Region, verified the event, saying his office received information that someone was murdered in a farm in the Nkwabeng-Nanakumaa village.

Mr. Owureadu stated that he immediately informed the police, and that a search party was dispatched to the said farm, where they discovered a lifeless body with several cutlass wounds on a woman in her late 50s; as a result, the Police followed up and arrested the suspect Ayambile in connection with the murder. 

Currently, he is supporting the police with their investigation. 

He intimated that the body had been taken to the Nkoranza South Municipality's Saint Theresa's Hospital mortuary for further inquiry. 

In an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at Nkoranza, Mr. Owureadu, who is also the Nkoranza South Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), expressed concern over the issue and said such heinous acts must not be repeated in the area, describing the act as inhumane and condemnable in all aspects of life. 

Mr. Owureadu reaffirmed the Municipal Security Committee's commitment to defending lives and property, saying that the committee was ready to crack down on any social misfits and maintain the current tranquility in order to advance the area's socioeconomic growth. 

Instead of taking the law into their own hands, he advised citizens to control their emotions and convey their problems to proper authorities such as the Traditional Authority, Police, and the Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) for redress. 

In an attempt to contact the police, the GNA discovered that the case was still being investigated at the Bono East Regional Police Command, according to a close source at the command.

Post a Comment